Yay, it’s here! What’s here? It’s our new debut at Create with Connie & Mary….a new “Mini Session”. What is a “Mini Session”?
I decided to create a dresser card and to stuff all of the drawers with stuffed animals. How cute are those huh? I also used the Hardwood Stamp for the dresser & drawers:
Remember, this is the stamp set I will be using during the Mini Session and you can sign up right now by clicking here:
EDITED: Due to an overwhelming response, I am adding the steps to create this card:
- Cardstock: Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Mint Macaron, So Saffron, Soft Sky, Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate
- Inks: Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron, So Saffron, Soft Sky, Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate
- Stamps: Made With Love, Hardwood
- Accessories: Silver Mini Brads, White Baker’s Twine
- Tools: Large Oval Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Deco Labels Collection Framelits Dies, Paper Piercer, Sponge Dauber
- Card Base: Tip Top Taupe Cardstock measuring 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score in the center at 5-1/2″ and fold. Using your Paper Cutter or an exacto knife, remove 1/4″ from each side by starting at 1/4″ below the fold line on each side. This will shape the top of your dresser. You will now use the Deco Label #3 at the very bottom of the card to cut the design for the bottom of the dresser. Add a large post-it note across the top even with where you cut the 1/4″ strips, leaving 1/4″ at the top to stamp on. Stamp the Hardwood stamp image using Tip Top Taupe Ink horizontally. Remove the post-it note and place over the small strip you just stamped. Stamp the Hardwood image again but vertically this time. Remove post-it note. Using a sponge, sponge Tip Top Taupe Ink around all the edges.
- Layer #2: Cut three pieces of Tip Top Taupe Cardstock measuring 1-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Stamp the Hardwood stamp image using Tip Top Taupe Ink and sponge all the edges with Tip Top Taupe Ink. Glue in place on your card base, spacing evenly and using Stampin’ Dimensionals. These are the dresser drawers.
- Cut (6) circles using Mint Macaron Cardstock and the 1/2″ Circle Punch. Add a hole in the center with a Paper Piercer and add a Mini Brad in the center of each circle. You may have to cut the legs off of the brads a little so they don’t stick out. Add a Stampin’ Dimensional to the back of each circle and glue to your dresser drawers as handles. I glued mine a little short of 1/2″ on each side.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock using Tip Top Taupe Ink. Cut out using the Large Oval Punch. Use your Paper Snips to snip off each end to square off and look like a sign. Stamp the birds feet only at the very top. Add Baker’s Twine to the back and hang off one of the handles. Glue in place.
- Animals: Stamp each animal as shown in the photo. Example: Soft Sky Cardstock bunny with Soft Sky Ink. Hand-cut each animal and glue in place tucking them part-way in the dresser drawers and one of the birds on the sign lined up the feet!
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!