Good Morning! I have a special blog post for you today and I’ll tell you why! I have been a designer with the Create with Connie & Mary since 2011 and they have been featuring all of their designers one at a time and today is my feature day! I had to go back and look at my dates to see when I started because time flies when you’re having fun!
So I was asked to answer a few questions and create a project to be featured. If you visit the Create with Connie & Mary blog you’ll read a little bit about me. The project I created for the feature uses the Butterfly Bouquet Bundle and this pretty card full of butterflies:
Did you know that a group of butterflies can be called several things? They can be called a kaleidoscope, a swarm or a flutter. How’s that for my tip of the day! When you look closely at my card, you’ll notice some die-cut butterflies, some stamped and die-cut butterflies and some designer paper die-cut butterflies. They look so neat all gathered together diagonally. Here’s another view so you can see how 3D-ish they look on the card front:
And a little closer look at the details:
- Card Base: Pretty Peacock Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Natural Touch Specialty Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Stamp the sentiment from the Flowering Cactus Medley stamp set by first inking with VersaMark Ink and then inking with Pretty Peacock Ink. Stamp to the bottom right corner. Sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder and melt with a Heat Tool. Glue layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the Butterfly Bijou Designer Paper and the die, cut out the printed butterflies from the designer paper sheet. Grab the large yellow, medium blue and small orange butterflies and set them aside.
- Stamp the butterflies image three times: Magenta Madness Ink on Magenta Madness Cardstock, Just Jade Ink of Just Jade Cardstock and So Saffron Ink on So Saffron Cardstock. Cut with the die. Pick out one of each color and set aside.
- Small butterflies with the dies using Just Jade and Magenta Madness Cardstock.
- Start at the top with the large printed butterfly and work your way down using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Glue from the largest to the smallest and diagonally.
- Bling: Add Champagne Rhinestone Jewels to the background. Color the Magenta Madness Cardstock butterflies with Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
Will you be placing an order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 of more, no need to add the code so you can earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!