This week for the Create with Connie & Mary –CCMC126 we have a theme challenge- a small Thanksgiving favor! How cute. I decided to create a stamped candle and went a step further and created a matching Thank You card……….a thank you for celebrating Thanksgiving with us!
- Layer #1-Square Scallop Die and Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the images using the French Foliage Stamp Set with the following inks: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.
- Layer #2- More Mustard cardstock layer.
- Layer #3- Whisper White cardstock. A Word for You stamp set for the sentiment. All stamping on this layer is with Soft Suede Ink.
- Layer #4-Stamp the leaf with Cajun Craze and cut out by hand using your Paper Snips. Use a Sponge Dauber to ink the edges of the leaf with Cajun Craze ink. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals for height!
If you’ve never stamped on a candle before, now is the time to give it a try. You don’t actually stamp on the candle……there’s a little bit of cheating involved. I used a piece of white tissue paper that you stuff inside gift bags. I measured and cut a piece the same size as the candle (in this case 2″ wide) and long enough to wrap around the whole candle. I stamped on the tissue paper and then trimmed close to the images. Wrap the tissue paper around the candle holding into place. Wrap a piece of waxed paper around the tissue paper and start heating with your Heat Gun. Be careful not to overheat. You will see the wax start to melt and it actually sucks the tissue paper right into the wax. Don’t stay in one area too long, just long enough for the tissue paper to disappear. The wax paper is used so that you don’t burn your fingers and also so you don’t get any wax on you.
I would love to see what you can create this week for our challenge. Come join us and play!!
- My Information:
- Debbie Henderson
- Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
- Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/