September Falling is our theme this month for our Control Freaks September Blog Hop. You may have arrived here to my blog after you visited with the talented Tami Hewlett or you may be starting out the blog hop here with me. Either way, I will direct you to the next person at the end of my post!
I created two cards for you today and for both cards, I used the same colors:
On the first card, I stamped the image repeatedly to create a background:
- Card Base: Early Espresso 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2.
- Layer #2: Pumpkin Pie Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Repeatedly stamp the image from the Celebration Tidings stamp set using Crumb Cake Ink. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Granny Apple Green Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3/4″. Cut the left end using the Banner Pick A Punch. Stamp the sentiment to the left using Early Espresso Ink. Emboss using the Subtle Embossing Folder.Glue to card front about 2″ from the bottom.
- Image: Stamp the same image used for the background on a scrap piece of Whisper White using Early Espresso Ink. Color with Stampin Blends: Light Granny Apple Green, Dark Mango Melody and Light Flirty Flamingo. Hand-cut and glue to the Granny Apple Green strip using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Champagne Rhinestone Jewels to the background.
My 2nd card uses the Stamparatus for perfect placement of stamped images:
The Stamparatus made stamping so easy! You can see that I used the stamped image as a frame on all four sides of my cardstock piece. It was easy to stamp and color all of the images as you can see in this close-up:
- Card Base: Pumpkin Pie Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Early Espresso Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Tin Tile Embossing Folder. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″. Place the cardstock onto the Stamparatus Tool. Position the stamp image at the bottom and centered horizontally. Ink the image using Early Espresso Ink and stamp the image. Turn the cardstock to the next side and repeat. Repeat for all four sides to create a four-sided frame. Color the images using Stampin’ Blends Markers. Glue to card front centered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer #4: Pumpkin Pie Cardstock 5″ x 1″. Cut both ends using the Banners Pick A Punch. Glue to card front.
- Layer #5: Whisper White Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 3/4″. Stamp the image using Pumpkin Pie Ink. Stamp the sentiment using Early Espresso Ink. Cut both ends using the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. Glue to the first banner using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Glue a few Champagne Rhinestone Jewels to the background.
Thank you so much for visiting with me today during our September Blog Hop. I will now direct you to the next person in our hop line-up. Melissa Davies always has the neatest projects to show you!