Hello to You! And welcome to a Control Freaks May Blog Hop. We have some exciting projects this month featuring the theme “Dynamic Duos” which equates to using two sets of dies! You may have arrived here after you visited with my teammate Wendy Weixler or you may be starting the blog hop here with me. Either way, I’ll direct you to the next person in the hop at the bottom of my post.
- Card Base: Fresh Freesia Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Gorgeous Grape Cardstock 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder. Glue to card front.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon around the card base and tie into a bow at the left.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 2-7/8″. Set aside.
- Ribbon: Wrap the ribbon around the card front and tie a bow at the left.
- Cardstock strips: Cut one strip of cardstock for each color: Highland Heather, Fresh Freesia and Gorgeous Grape measuring 2-7/8″ x 2-1/2″.
- Use the border die to cut the shape. You will use both pieces that were cut from each color. Layer the three colors together leaving about 1/4″ showing.
- Glue to the top and bottom of the white layer and trim to fit.
- Stamp the flower bulbs, one on each side in the center on the white portion using Gorgeous Grape Ink.
- Stamp the inside of each flower bulb with Fresh Freesia Ink.
- Stamp the sentiment at the bottom using Gorgeous Grape Ink.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Flower: Stamp the flower on Basic White Cardstock using Gorgeous Grape Ink. Stamp the inside of the flower using Fresh Freesia Ink. Cut with the die. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add a few of the Loose Flower Flourishes around the sentiment.