Hello and welcome to the month of May Control Freaks Blog Hop! Our theme this month is “New Catalog Sneak Peeks”. The new 2018 Stampin’ Up! Catalog will be live on June 1st. You may have arrived here to my blog first or you may have arrived from LeeAnn Greff’s blog. Either way, I’ll send you to the next person at the end of my post.
I am featuring a new stamp set called Enjoy Life. I just love all of the silhouette images in this stamp set. I’ve created two cards for you:
For the first card, I actually used an idea from a sample in our new catalog. Do you do that sometimes? I always case a few cards from the catalog when I first lay my hands on it. The background uses inks and an Aqua Painter:
Here is a listing of my layers:
- Card Base: Flirty Flamingo Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″ and fold. Stamp the flower image repeatedly at the bottom using Flirty Flamingo Ink.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3-1/2″. Use an Aqua Painter to add Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo Inks for the sky. Stamp the grassy border and flowers at the bottom using Memento Black Ink. Stamp the person image using Memento Ink. Glue to card front about 1″ from the left.
- Banners: Create 3 banners using Daffodil Delight Cardstock 3-1/4″ x 1-1/2″, Flirty Flamingo Cardstock 3-1/4″ x 1″ and Whisper White Cardstock 3″ x 1-3/4″. Stamp the sentiment on the white banner using Flirty Flamingo Ink. The white banner is glued in place using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add a few Share What You Love Artisan Pearls in the background
For the second card, I used the Brusho Crystal Colours on Glossy Paper to create a beautiful sky and then stamped all the images in black once my layer was dry. You do have to let the Brusho dry a little bit longer then cardstock.
Layers for card:
- Card Base:Night Of Navy Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Stripes Embossing Folder. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Night Of Navy Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Glossy Paper 4-1/4″ x 3″. Sprinkle the blue Brusho Crystal Colours and spritz with water. Allow to dry. Stamp the grassy border and flowers at the bottom using Memento Black Ink. Stamp the biker, sentiment and butterflies also. Glue to card front.
- Bling: Add a few Faceted Dots over the flowers.
I’m so glad you stopped in to visit today. I will now send you over to visit my teammate Cindy Elam. I just know she’ll have some awesome projects to show you!