Good Evening to you! Welcome to our Control Freaks January Blog Hop! Did you arrive here after visiting with my fabulous teammate Tami Hewlett? She always has the prettiest projects. At the end of my post, you’ll find the link to visit the next person in line.
For both cards today, I am showing you the Dragonfly Garden Bundle which includes the Dragonfly Garden stamp set and the Dragonflies Punch. I had spied a photo with a dragonfly that I fell in love with recently and knew I wanted to try to replicate it by creating a card with it. You can see it in this photo along with my card:
I used our new Blending Brushes to add several inks to the white cardstock layer in the center. To add the dark lines to resemble a pallet, I actually cut a piece of Linen Thread longer than the cardstock and added some Early Espresso Ink by pressing the Linen Thread in the ink pad. I then picked up the thread and ran it across to add a straight lines of splatters and then also drew an Early Espresso Ink line each time with a Stampin’ Write Marker:
- Card Base: Sahara Sand Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Sahara Sand Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Set aside.
- Layer #3: In Good Taste Designer Paper 5″ x 2-3/4″. Glue to the bottom of Layer #2. Wrap twine above the designer paper three times and tie into a bow at the left. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock 4″ x 3″. Using Blending Brushes, add Pool Party, So Saffron and Soft Sea Foam Inks. Stamp the sentiment from the Heal Your Heart stamp set using Early Espresso Ink, at the bottom left corner. Create the lines as described at the top of my post. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Dragonflies: Using Blending Brushes, add Pool Party, So Saffron and Soft Sea Foam Ink to a scrap piece of Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the dragonfly image twice using Early Espresso Ink. Cut with the punch and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Card Base: Rich Razzleberry Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Stamp the branch image using Mossy Meadow Ink on the left and the sentiment at the top right. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Dandy Garden Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 1-1/2″. Glue to the bottom of the white layer, leaving 1/4″ of white showing at the bottom.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Mossy Meadow Braided Linen Thread around the front of the card over the designer paper and tie into a bow.
- Dragonfly: Stamp (2) of the dragonfly image using Rich Razzleberry Ink on Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the wings with the bold image using Rich Razzleberry Ink on scrap paper first and then on the dragonfly without re-inking for a lighter ink color. Cut both dragonflies with the punch. Layer the dragonflies on top of each other using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Color the top dragonflies with Clear Wink Of Stella. Glue to card front.
- Bling: Glue one Ladybug Trinkets to the branch image.