Hello and almost Merry Christmas! Can you believe Christmas is only a few days away? Yikes! It’s going to be so different this year with not being able to be with family. Hopefully we can make up for it soon! For our December Blog Hop, we are all featuring “So Sparkly” as our theme. I can’t wait for you to visit all of my teammates. If you have arrived here after visiting with my fabulously talented teammate Connie Babbert, I will direct you to the next person who is participating in the hop at the end of my post.
These are the two cards I created for our hop:
I finally decided to dig out my untouched Red & Green Foil Sheets to create these two coordinating cards. I created a horizontal and vertical card of each design. The foil sheets are so easy to add texture to by embossing with the Evergreen Forest Embossing Folder. Once the embossing was completed on both pieces of the green foil, I used a sanding block to sand the embossing. The sanded portion of each tree almost looks silverish:
These are the layers I used on each card:
- Card Base Vertical: Thick Whisper White Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Card Base Horizontal: Thick Whisper White Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2 on both cards: Gold Foil Sheets 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to each card base.
- Layer #3 on both cards: Red & Green Foil Sheets (green) 5″ x 3-3/4″. Emboss each using the Evergreen Forest Embossing Folder. Turn one vertical while embossing and turn one horizontal. Sand the embossing with a sanding block. Set aside.
- Layer #4 on both cards: Can the snowbank shape for the snow using the die from the In The Woods Dies. I started with two strips of Whisper White Cardstock 1″ wide. Cut the shape and trim to the size of Layer #3. Stamp the sentiment the Merry Moose stamp set using Shaded Spruce Ink and glue both pieces to each card on the green foil sheets using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Glue green foil layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Trees: Cut (4) trees from the In The Woods Dies using Whisper White Cardstock. Glue two trees to each card by sliding under the snowbank.
- Bling: Add a few Rhinestone Jewels to the background of each card.
Thanks so much for visiting me tonight. I’m so happy to send you off to visit with another fabulous teammate Cindy Elam. I know she’ll have some pretty projects to show you and make sure you visit with everyone participating!