As a Stampin’ Up! Leader, I had the opportunity of spending the last three days training during our Online Leaders Summit and sharing with other Stampin’ Up! Leaders. Due to the pandemic, the live event was rescheduled as an online event and Stampin’ Up! always does things so amazingly perfect. The first day was only a few hours long as an introduction but the next two days were jam-packed. You can see here in my photo that we all started out with a toast using our beautiful Tiffany & Co. wine glasses that we all received as a gift a few weeks ago, prior to the event:
I learned a lot that will hopefully help me with my Stampin’ Up! business
& team and to continue to grow with all of you!
Today I am showing you my first Halloween card of the season. Halloween used to be my favorite holiday but now that my kids are all grown up and on their own, I don’t even decorate any longer. Funny how things change in one’s life to coincide with the many years of fun and decorating for the kids. The card I am showing you was part of our Control Freaks Fall Card Swap. I’ll be showing you the cards I received later this week. I used the Have A Hoot Bundle of products which includes:
- Have A Hoot Stamp Set (153389)
- Peek-A-Hoot Dies (153573
- Or Save 10% with the stamp & die Bundle (155208)
What is totally neat about this bundle, is using a large die that cuts out all three windows you see on the front of my card. All I did was place the die in the center of my cardstock layer and cut! You also acquire three cut pieces that you can later use on other projects!
Before I give you the steps to creating this card, here are a few more photos to show you the detail of each cut-out and what I layered in each one. I used my Stampin’ Blends Markers to color all of the images, cut them out with the dies and then glue them in place using Stampin’ Dimensionals:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Sponge Tuxedo Black Memento Ink at the bottom third using a Stamping Sponge. Sponge Gorgeous Grape Ink in the center, covering 2/3rds of the area and blending in with the black. Sponge Highland Heather Ink at the top and blend in with the grape ink. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Smoky Slate Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use the die to cut out the three holes and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cobweb: Use the cobweb die with Basic Black Cardstock and cut (1). Use Paper Snips to cut in half and glue a piece to each side of the Smoky Slate layer as shown in the photo.
- Stamped Images: Stamp all three image on Whisper White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut out with the dies and color with Stampin’ Blends Markers. Glue inside each window.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a 3/4″ strip of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the sentiment. Cut the left end flat close to the lettering. Cut the other side using the Banners Pick-A-Punch. Glue to the left side bottom.
Stampin’ Up! Products used: (if you are viewing this in your email, you can click on the the title link at the top to direct you to my blog to see these products)
Will you be placing an order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 of more, no need to add the code so you can earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!