I participated in a Christmas themed swap recently with our Control Freaks Team. Today I’m going to show you the card I created and then I’ll do a separate post with the swaps I received. They are all fabulous and I know you’ll love them all!
I used the Peaceful Nativity Bundle which includes the stamp set and dies:
We all created 11 cards total to swap with each other.
Swaps are a great way to collect a sampling of different stamp sets.
Now let’s talk a little bit more about my card:
If you look closely at the background, you can see I colored
on Watercolor Paper using Highland Heather Ink and
my Water Painters. It was so easy to add a nice background:
- Card Base: Soft Suede Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Watercolor Paper cut with the Celebration Labels Dies. Use the Water Painter and ink from the Highland Heather Ink Pad at the top and Balmy Blue Ink at the bottom, to create a color washed background. Glue to card front.
- Nativity Die-Cut: Cut the nativity structure using Soft Suede Cardstock. Glue to card the label shape centered.
- Stamped Nativity: Stamp the nativity pieces on Whisper White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Color with the Stampin’ Blends Markers. Cut with the dies and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stars: Stamp the stars in above the nativity using Highland Heather Ink.