Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is Christmas Flowers and oh do I have a pretty flower to show you. I created a purple poinsettia. Because in the stamping and paper-crafting world, you can use any color you want!
My poinsettia was created with Gorgeous Grape Cardstock.
My poinsettia leaves were created with Purple Posy Cardstock.
And I added a splash of color with Red Rhinestone Jewels in the center!
- Card Base: Gorgeous Grape Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use a Sponge Dauber and Highland Heather Ink to add color to the flocking. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Stitched Rectangles Dies that measures 4″ x 2-5/8″ used to cut Champagne Foil Sheets. Glue to the center of the card front.
- Poinsettia: Cut the three layers of the poinsettia using the Poinsettia Dies and Gorgeous Grape Cardstock. Layer and glue all three layers on top of each other and glue the flower to the top left corner of the stitched rectangle using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Cut the center using Whisper White Cardstock and glue to the center of the flower.
- Poinsettia Leaves: Cut one of each size of the holly leaves with Purple Posy Cardstock. Tuck and glue under the flower.
- Sprigs: Stamp two of the sprig image on Whisper White Cardstock using Highland Heather Ink and cut using the dies. Cut two sprigs using Purple Posy Cardstock. Glue all four sprigs by tucking under the flower.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock that measures 3-1/4″ x 3/4″ using Highland Heather Ink. Cut the right end using the Banners Pick A Punch. Glue to card front.
- Bling: Add Red Rhinestone Jewels to the center of the flower.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: