Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is to create a Christmas Favor. I created this quick and easy gift box using two sheets from the Poinsettia Place Designer Paper. One for the top and one for the bottom. Just a few layers on the top and some pretty ribbon and I called it good! Let’s take a peek at some details:
- Start with an 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of designer paper. I’m using the same Poinsettia Place Designer Paper pattern for both pieces but flipping one on the opposite side.
- Score all four sides at 2-1/2″.
- Using Paper Snips and on the two opposite sides, trim on the scored lines up to the 2-1/2″ score line to create tabs. See photo above.
- Add adhesive to the tabs, fold up and glue to the center tab. Repeat on side two to create the box shape as shown below:
- Use a 2nd piece of designer paper measuring 6″ x 6″.
- Score at 1-1/4″ on all four sides.
- Using Paper Snips and on the two opposite sides, trim on the scored lines up to the 1-1/4″ score line to create tabs like you did for the box bottom.
- Add adhesive to the tabs, fold and glue to the center tab but do not glue up to the fold line. This one needs to be a little looser so the lid will fit over the box bottom, so glue about 1/16th from the score line. Repeat on side two to create the box lid.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: