Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is Christmas Beauty. I haven’t had a chance to use the Sweetest Time Bundle much so far. This bundle includes the Sweetest Time stamp set and the Sweetest Borders Dies. The candle trio paired with the holly diecut makes a beautiful project:
I also added in some Red Rhinestone Jewels, Real Red Sheer Ribbon,
Gold Hoops Embellishments and some dry embossing using the Greenery
Embossing Folder over Champagne Foil Sheets. Aren’t the layers all gorgeous?
- Card Base: Bermuda Bay Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Champagne Foil Sheets 5-1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Greenery Embossing Folder. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock cut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies 4″ x 2-5/8″. Stamp the candle image using Bermuda Ink. Glue to card front about 1/2″ from the top.
- Holly Diecut: Cut the holly die-cut twice. Once with Shaded Spruce Cardstock and once with Soft Sea Foam Cardstock. Keep the full Shaded Spruce diecut and flip it upside-down. Add regular tape over all of the diecut holes. Flip back to the front. Use the diecut guts from the Soft Sea Foam layer and press into place over the tape so secure. You’ll have to cut off the holly leaves with Paper Snips to free them. Glue completed diecut to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Shaded Spruce Ink on a strip of Bermuda Bay Cardstock measuring 4-3/4″ x 1/2″. Score each end at 1″ and 1-1/4″. Snip both ends using the Banners Pick a Punch. Fold on the score lines in opposite directions to create the layered banner look. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the center portion and add adhesive to the ends. Glue in place over the holly die cut.
- Bling: Wrap the ribbon around the hoop and tie into a double-knot. Slide and glue the hoop under the holly diecut. Add Red Rhinestone Jewels to the holly.
- Candle Flames: Use the Whale Builder Punch with Shaded Spruce Cardstock and cut three flames. Glue in place at the top of the candles.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: