When my pre-order of the Holiday Catalog arrived about a month ago, I dug into the catalog quickly to whip up some samples. The catalog is one of the greatest go-to places to get ideas or to CASE (copy and share everything). If you look on page 4 of the catalog, this is what you see:
And this is the card I CASED from the catalog. I substituted with Pool Party Cardstock for my card base and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock for the sentiment layer (you can change things up when you CASE):
The Stitched Felt Embellishments tree is perfect with the cluster of tree images using the triangles from the Christmas Quilt stamp set. Some of my triangles were stamped directly on the Whisper White Cardstock layers, while a few others were cut from the designer paper and then glued in place:
The Holly Embossing Folder was used to add texture to my card base also.
- Card Base: Pool Party Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″. Emboss the front using the Holly Embossing Folder.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 2″. Stamp the tree base image for the felt tree using Read Red Ink. I stamped it as close to the bottom and centered. Stamp a few of the trees. Glue cardstock layer to card base about 3/4″ from the bottom.
- Additional Trees: Cut a few of the trees from the Designer Paper. Glue in place on the white layer.
- Layer #3: Quilted Christmas Designer Paper strip measuring 1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Glue above the white layer.
- Embellish: Glue the tree from the Stitched Felt Embellishments where you stamped the tree base. Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Real Red Ink on a piece of Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock that measures 1/2″ x 3-1/2″. Cut the left end into a “V”. Glue to card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Star: Cut a small star using the dies and Real Red Cardstock. Color with Clear Wink of Stella. Glue in place using a piece from the Mini Dimensionals.
Reminder that I am hosting a drawing for the Merry Patterns stamp set. This stamp set is an exclusive set that you can earn for FREE with a $300 workshop or customer order during the months of September and October. I have two sets coming and want to give one away. Place an order during the month of September and your name will be entered in my drawing. I will choose a winner on October 1st!
And don’t forget about my free product
give-away also for the month of September:
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie’s Store