Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Let’s Get Away is our theme this week. Right now of course, we are all cooped up in our homes trying to stay healthy and away from the coronavirus, so I hope you have been stamping to keep your mind off of all that is going on. What type of card would you create for this theme? For me, Dave and I both love to go 4-wheeling in the summer so we can’t wait for May to get here. I hope he will be able to go this year. Last year with all of the cancer treatments and traveling we did, I think we got to go twice!
I used the Pedal To The Metal stamp set and Mountain Air Bundle along with some other products I will list below. Take a peek at the beautiful scenery I created on the cardstock shape that I cut out using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies:
The Mountain Air stamp set is a reversible set that you can stamp the detailed image and opt to use the reverse side of the stamp to color it in. For my scenery, I opted to use the detailed side of the stamps only:
While you are home just waiting for an idea to stamp today, why don’t you grab the following supplies and create this card with me? All supplies are listed at the bottom of my post.
- Card Base: Shaded Spruce Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Soft Suede Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Coastal Weave Embossing Folder. Stamp the tread image repeatedly at the bottom using Soft Suede Ink over the embossing and glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock cut with the Stitched Nested Labels Dies #1. Start by sponging Balmy Blue Ink at the top of the die shape with a Stamping Sponge. Stamp the mountain range image using Gray Granite Ink about 3/4″ from the top. Add the trees image overlapping the mountains with Shaded Spruce Ink and use an Aqua Painter to color with the ink lines, the bottom portion of the trees image. Stamp the tread image repeatedly below the trees image and again, use the Aqua Painter to color with the ink lines. Glue to card front about 3/4″ from the top.
- ATV: Stamp the ATV image on Whisper White Cardstock using Gray Granite Ink. Color using Gray Granite and Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends Markers. Hand-cut and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock using Soft Suede Ink. Cut with the Classic Label Punch and glue to card front using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Tie two of the Classic Garage Metal Elements together using Linen Thread and glue to card front using Mini Glue Dots.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: