Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is Autumn Essentials, our favorite fall things. When I think of autumn, one of the first thing inklings that comes to mind is of course our beautiful fall colors here in Maine and with that brings hunting season for our hunters. I could never imagine hunting for our beautiful wildlife other than with a camera, so you’ll see that on my card front my deer is safe!
For some families though, venison is an important part of their food chain. Both Dave and I have never acquired the taste of venison so we’ll leave it out there for everyone else.
You’ll notice that I have lots of layers in the center of my card
along with some beautiful fall colors:
- Card Base: Cajun Craze Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Cajun Craze Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Old World Paper Embossing Folder. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Gilded Autumn Designer Paper 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″. Glue to card front 1/4″ from the left side.
- Layer #4: Gilded Autumn Designer Paper 4″ x 2″. Cut the tag shape at the top using the Delightful Tag Topper Punch. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Diecuts: Cut the round shape with the dies and Bumblebee Cardstock. Stamp the branch image in the center using Cajun Craze Ink. Glue to tag. Deer: Cut the reindeer with the die and Crumb Cake Cardstock. Glue on the tag and over the circle shape using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Ribbon: Tie a large bow using the Wonder Of The Season Combo Pack and glue in front of the reindeer.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock measuring 3″ x 1/2″ using Early Espresso Ink. Snip the left end at an angle with Paper Snips. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals between the legs of the reindeer and on the outside of the legs. Press the sentiment in place.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: