Happy Thursday and welcome to another challenge at Create with Connie & Mary! Today is a color challenge.The color challenge for today is one of my favorite. My first thoughts “Peach Parfait & Calypso Coral, what?” But look how beautiful and elegant my card turned out:
The Peach Parfait adds just enough pop to my other two colors and I just needed a slight layer of it too. I am so glad Stampin’ Up! decided to go the “Framelits” route. I just love these new dies. And the choice of sizes accommodates so many different ways for you to layer your cards. I used one size that perfectly matches the “Apothecary Art Stamp Set” and then I added a larger sized framelit tucked side-ways under the embossed image:
I added just a touch of stamping to create a subtle background on the Whisper White Framelit layer. The image is from the “Bordering On Romance Stamp Set”:
What I like about the Apothecary Art Stamp Set and this image in particular, is that you can add a sentiment in the center or do as I did and add a strip of ribbon. Glue it on with Sticky Strip! The label and the sentiment were both stamped in VersaMark Ink and sprinkled with Black Embossing Powder and heat set with my Heat Tool….gorgeous in person!
- Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
- Inks: Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, VersaMark
- Stamps: Apothecary Art, Bordering on Romance
- Tools: Labels Collection Framelits, 1″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Heat Tool, Black Embossing Powder
- Accessories: Large Pearl Basic Jewels, 3/8″ Pleated Satin Ribbon in Pear Pizzazz
- DSP: Brights Patterns Paper Pack
Visit Create with Connie & Mary to see what else we have in store for you!