Wow, the month of July is sure flying by. I can’t believe this is the last week of the July challenges for Create with Connie & Mary. I just love their challenges and what I would love even more is for you to give it a try. Today we have a sketch challenge:
I decided to go “Clean & Simple” with this one. You’ll never believe this but my inspiration for today was using the “Poppy Parade Ribbon” and building from there. I had a strip already cut that was sitting on my desk and I wanted to use it up.
What is also very funny is that when I dug out my clear envelope that holds my scraps by each color, I had a partial piece of Poppy Parade that was already in the shape of the Top Note Die.
The stamped image is from a Hostess Stamp Set called Faith In Nature. I stamped it in the center of my panel and added a small flower in Not Quite Navy from the Punch Pack and placed a small Pearl Jewel in the center. I also sponged the edges of the cardstock layer.
The Not Quite Navy Layer was stamped with the Fine Flourish stamped in VersaMark Ink, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and set with my Heat Tool.
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, Poppy Parade, Whisper White
- Inks: Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Whisper White Craft, VersaMark
- Tools: Top Note Die, Big Shot Machine, Punch Pack, Heat Tool
- Stamp Set: Faith In Nature, Fine Flourish
- Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Poppy Parade 1/2″ Stitched Poly Ribbon