Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. You are going to love our theme this week….Imagine…to use a stamp set in a different way. I sure accomplished that today. It was quite funny when I picked up the Under My Umbrella stamp set. I kind of held is sideways as I removed it from my shelf and I immediately saw a butterfly with the umbrella image because of the way I was holding the stamp case. Problem solved!
I stamped two of the umbrella image on the Parisian Blossoms Designer Paper and layered them side-by-side like you see in the photo and there’s my instant butterfly. I added a 2nd layer with the smaller umbrella image by tucking under.
I ended up using three different paper patterns from the designer paper because this paper is that great! Notice also, the new Champagne Rhinestone Jewels. I love the color:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 11″ x 4-1’4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Parisian Blossoms Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Basic Black Cardstock 4″ x 2″. Glue to the center of card front.
- Layer #4: Parisian Blossoms Designer Paper cut with the largest oval from the Layering Ovals Dies. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Butterfly: Using two designer paper patterns and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, stamp (2) of the large umbrella with one pattern and (2) with the smaller umbrella image using the 2nd pattern. Cut all four images using the Umbrella Builder Punch and layer as shown to resemble a butterfly. Glue to the oval using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut out using the Classic Label Punch. Glue to the center of the butterfly.
- Bling: Add Champagne Rhinestone Jewels in the background in clusters.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: