of my post I will send you to the next blog on the blog hop so you can
take the whole tour!
I dug out my Hearts and Stars Decorative Masks and did a little something different with them. I call this Reverse Decorative Masks Technique:
I used three new In-Colors that will debut on June 2nd…Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder and Delightful Dijon. I swiped the mask directly with the three ink pads and spritzed water to saturate the inks so they would meld together. I then carefully picked up the mask and flipped it over onto my Watercolor Paper layer and added a tissue over the mask and pressed in place. I added the pressure for about a minute to let the Watercolor paper absorb the inks:
Here are my layers:
- Card base: Watermelon Wonder Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Scored in the center at 4-1/4″ and folded. Punch all 4 corners with the Project Life Corner Punch.
- Layer #2: Watercolor Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Punch all 4 corners with the Project Life Corner Punch. Swipe the Hearts Decorative Mask with Delightful Dijon, Cucumber Crush and Watermelon Wonder Ink Pads. Spritz with water over the inks. Flip the mask over the Watercolor Paper and press in place by using a tissue over the mask. Allow inks to saturate the paper for about a minute. Remove mask. Glue to card base once dry.
- Ribbon: Add a piece of Cucumber Crush 1″ Dotted Ribbon to card front about 1″ from the bottom.
- Layer #3: Watermelon Wonder Cardstock 2″ x 3-1/4″. Punch one end with the Banner Punch. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Watercolor Paper 1-3/4″ x 2-7/8″. Punch one end with the Banner Punch. Stamp the sentiment from the Friendly Wishes stamp set using Cucumber Crush Ink. Glue with Stampin’ Dimensionals over Layer #3.
- Chevrons: Using the Chevron Punch, cut 3 using Cucumber Crush Cardstock and glue to card front. Add a string of 6 Pearl Jewels on top of the chevron’s and a string of the Gold Sequin Trim below the pearls.
- Pearl Jewels: Add Pearl Jewels scattered in the background.
Your next stop to will be to visit Deb Currier. I know you will love her project for this week and I hope you have a good weekend!
Thanks for stopping by to visit all of us today!