Welcome to a brand new Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary! Today’s focus is on Halloween but before I show you my project……woohoo, we are in the midst of getting you signed up for our September Mini Session. What are our sessions all about?
- Our mini session includes the tutorials for FIVE projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes THREE card sets, each with 4 cards, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect for your club or stamp camp
- All FIVE projects are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
- BONUS: Every month in the weeks following the release, Connie and Mary will each do two additional cards to make an Bonus Card Set project for you! Make sure you check back in with us!
- Sweet Hauntings
- Cheer All Year
- Howl-o-ween Treats
- Haunt Ya Later
- Lighthearted Leaves
- BONUS: Acorny Thank You
And now onto my Halloween card for today’s hop:
Love, Love, Love the new “Woodland Embossing Folder”. Do you have yours yet? This was one of the first new Holiday Catalog items that was on my “buy it now” “have to have it now” list. To achieve the look you see on my card, I inked the embossing folder and then inserted my cardstock inside the folder and voila, an inked/embossed background!
Let’s get started on instructions so you can create along with me:
- Card Base: Delightful Dijon Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score in the center at 5-1/2″ and fold.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 4″ x 5-1/4″. Using the Woodland Embossing Folder, open the folder and ink the folder using Memento Black Ink. Lay the white cardstock inside the folder and run through the Big Shot Machine to emboss. Glue to card base.
- Moon: Cut a circle using Whisper White Cardstock and the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch. Color the circle using a Sponge Dauber and Tangelo Twist Ink. Glue to card front at the top left using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bats: The bats are created using the Bitty Butterfly Punch. Cut once on the very edge of a piece of Basic Black Cardstock, discard punched shape. Using the hole you just cut, place the punch above the hole upside-down so you can view the cardstock in the punch hole, about 1/4 of an inch above the first butterfly hole. Repeat (3) times and glue the bats to the moon.
- Sentiment: Cut a piece of cardstock 1-1/2″ x 4-1/2″. Use the Triple Banner Punch to cut the “V” shape on one end. Stamp the sentiment from the Cheer All Year stamp set using Memento Black Ink. Glue to the bottom of the card front.
- Stamps: Cheer All Year
- Inks: Memento Black, Tangelo Twist
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Woodland Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Triple Banner Punch, 1-3/4″ Circle Punch, Sponge Dauber
- Cardstock: Delightful Dijon, Whisper White, Basic Black
There’s lots more for you to see so make sure you take the whole hop. My teammate Deb Currier is next and she’s going to wow you, I just know it!