Hi Stampers and welcome to a brand new Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. I hope you visit us each Saturday as we show you projects with specific themes. Today’s hop features silver, white and blue on our projects. Before I show you my card though, did you know that it’s almost time to view our November Mini Session? Here’s a Sneak Peek of what you’ll see when you subscribe:
I don’t know about you but I spy some really neat Stampin’ Up! products in each little Sneak Peek square. Visit Create with Connie & Mary to sign up now as we debut our projects on November 11th!
PLUS…we have a WINTER BONUS for you! Purchase both the November and December Mini Sessions and get a special winter project designed by Mary Brown for FREE!
So I used a lot of shimmer & shine on my card for today. The Silver Foil and Silver Glimmer Paper are so awesome to work with. Add in the Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies and wow!
I even cut an additional strip with the Silver Glimmer Paper, cut off the trees and snuck them in amongst the white trees. Here’s my card recipe:
- Card Base: Lost Lagoon Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Fold in the center at 4-1/4″.
- Layer 2: Soft Sky Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Don’t glue to card base just yet.
- Layers 3 & 4: Cut using the tree edgelits (2) strips using Whisper White Cardstock measuring 4″ x 1″ and placing the trees on the very edge. Once both strips are cut out, flip one over and glue them on top of each other, leaving room to slide in the Silver Foil layer.
- Layer 5: Cut the house edgelit using Silver Foil measuring 3″ x 1″ with the houses close to the edge. Slide and glue this layer between both white layers but even on the edge.
- Layer 6: using Whisper White Cardstock measuring 4″ x 1″, cut by hand, a curvy snowbank and glue over the other layers. Stamp the sentiment from the Jingle All The Way stamp set using Marina Mist Ink close to the top edge.
- Layer 7: Cut a 2nd snowbank using Silver Glimmer Paper measuring 4″ x 1″. Glue in place over the white snowbank so the sentiment peeks out.
- Glue all of the layers on your Soft Sky layer and trim to fit. Glue to card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Trees: Cut a 2nd strip of the tree edgelits using the glimmer paper and snip off the trees. Glue and slide them into position amongst the white trees.
- Moon & Bling: Stamp the moon image using Marina Mist Ink at the top and add Rhinestone Jewels in the background!
Phew! How was that! It was actually a lot of fun to come up with. Next in line is my wonderful teammate Deb Currier. Make sure you visit her and go through the whole hop to visit all of my teammates!
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!