Good morning, today is Week #2 of our subcribers challenge at Create with Connie & Mary. For those of you that are subscribers……how are we doing so far with our projects? I would love to hear from you!
This week’s challenge is this beautiful color challenge:
Week #2 for us designers was a Fall/Thanksgiving week. I just love the new stamp set “Always Thankful” from the “Holiday Mini Catalog:
I decided early on that for the six weeks of Saturday Challenges, I was going to create a card plus a matching goodie box of some sorts. This is my card for this week:
A little trick I used for this card was to first ink my stamp in VersaMark Ink and then ink again, this time with Soft Suede Ink. This creates a colored embossing ink. I sprinkled the stamped image with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set with my Heat Tool. I then colored my image with Watercolor Crayons and a Blender Pen:
I used the Fancy Favor Box Die for this project and used the 2 1/2″ Circle Punch to cut a “window” in the front. See how my sunflower seeds peek through the window?:
- Cardstock: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
- DSP: Spice Cake
- Tools: Lace Ribbon Border Punch, 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, Fancy Favor Die, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Sticky Strip
- Inks: Soft Suede, VersaMark, Watercolor Crayons
- Stamp Sets: Always Thankful
- Miscellaneous: Cello Bag, Sunflower Seeds
- Accessories: Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon
If you are a Holiday Subscriber for Create with Connie & Mary…..won’t you join us for the color challenge this week. I would love to see what you have created! Have a great weekend everyone!