Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is Blue Bayou. Blue is my favorite color so I had fun with this one. I used the Simply Succulents Bundle and I’m happy to report that this bundle will carry over into our new Annual Catalog on May 4th. Look at all of the beautiful layers I added to my flower pot:
I also used my Stampin’ Blends Markers to color the succulent flowers. It was fun to add a splash of Flirty Flamingo to the tips of each petal:
- Card Base: Balmy Blue Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Night Of Navy Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Emboss using the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Stamp the sentiment using Night Of Navy Ink on Basic White Cardstock. Cut with the Wild Rose Dies and glue to card front at the right.
- Flowers & Flower Pot: Follow these steps:
- Flower Pot: Stamp the flower pot image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Color with Balmy Blue, Night Of Navy and Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends Markers. Cut with the die and glue to the bottom left of the card front.
- Diecut branches: Cut several branches using the different dies with Basic White and Balmy Blue Cardstocks. Glue above the flower pot.
- Stamped Succulents: Stamp three succulent flowers using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Color with Balmy Blue, Night Of Navy and Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends Markers. Cut with the die. Glue one flower flat at the top and glue the other two flowers using Stampin’ Dimensionals below the first flower.
- Diecut Succulents: Using the die, cut three succulents using Balmy Blue Cardstock. Tuck and glue under the stamped succulents.
- Bling: Add Champagne Rhinestone Jewels to the background.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used: