I created these three cards for the Control Freaks December Blog Hop and promised you instructions. Today is your lucky day! If you missed the hop, you can view it here:
All three cards use the new Barn Door stamp set and the Sliding Door Framelits Dies. These will be available on January 3rd in the Occasions 2018 Catalog. You can purchase both products as a bundle and save 10%. My first card is the double barn door card and the two doors open to reveal a sentiment:
Prepare your card layers as follows:
- Marina Mist Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Emboss the front using the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 4-1/4″ x 3″. Stamp the sentiment in the center using Basic Gray Ink. Glue to card base centered.
- Create two barn doors by stamping Chocolate Chip Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock. Cut with the dies. Score the end opposite to where the door handles will be glued. Score on the first vertical line and fold on the score lines.
- Cut four hinges using Basic Black Cardstock and glue in place on the front of each door.
- Flip the cardstock over and add Tear & Tape on the hinged side as shown in the photo above.
- Place the doors together with the hinges facing the outside edges.
- Using a post-it note, place on the back of both doors to keep them in place side-by-side.
- Peel the backing from the Tear & Tape and glue to the card front over the white layer.
- Cut two handles using Basic Black Cardstock. Using some small such as a Paper Piercer, place over the smallest curved end to create a curve in each handle.
- Add glue to each end and press in place on each door as shown below:
- Allow the glue to dry and then thread a piece of White Baker’s Twine through the handles and carefully tie into a bow!
Sliding Barn Door…slides from left to right and right to left!
- Card Base: Real Red Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Real Red Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Using the die, cut the two tracks on the cardstock.
- Emboss using the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to measure 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″. Stamp the two sentiments on each end. Glue in the center of the tracks.
- Stamp one door using Basic Gray Ink over Smoky Slate Cardstock. Cut out with the die and decorate the front as you like.
- Cut out two hinges and one skinny track using Basic Black Cardstock. Glue the hinges to the door only and glue to skinny track above the track with the holes.
- Place the door and cardstock layer upside down. Add Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals in both tracks onto the door.
- Remove the backing from each dimensional and press a penny on each:
- Add Stampin’ Dimensionals on the cardstock making sure you leave room for the pennies to slide. I added a lot of dimensionals because of the moving parts.
- Glue to card front.
This card is simple “fixed” door:
- Card Base: Daffodil Delight Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Bubbles & Fizz Designer Paper (Sale-a-Bration) 5-1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Glue to card front even with the right edge.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 3-1/4″. Glue to card front about 1/4″ from the left. Stamp the sentiment at the bottom using Dapper Denim Ink.
- Barn Door: Stamp the barn door using Night of Navy Ink on Dapper Denim Cardstock. Cut with the die and glue to card front. Add hinges, handle and door track cut with the dies and Copper Foil Sheets. Glue in place.
- Decorate door as you like.
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie’s Store