Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is Back To School. I am so nervous to see that my 12-year old granddaughter Kaitlynn will be starting school soon. It’s so challenging for our children and grandkids during COVID-19 and I pray that all goes well. For my card today, I am using the Harvest Hellos stamp set which was perfect for our theme:
I incorporated the Chalk Board Technique by rubbing Whisper White Ink to my black layer to dirty it up. Doesn’t it resemble a chalk board? You can see the white ink a little better with this photo:
And I stamped all of my apples on the Brights Designer Paper Pack and punched them out with the coordinating Apple Builder Punch. I think they all look fabulous with the patterned paper. Here is my Card Recipe so you can replicate my card:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Granny Apple Green Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Old World Paper Embossing Folder and glue to card base.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around card front and tie into a bow on the left.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 4-5/8″ x 3-5/8″. Glue to card front at an angle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer #4; Real Red Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Glue to white layer.
- Layer #5: Basic Black Cardstock 4-1/8″ x 3-1/8″. Use a Sponge Dauber to dirty up the background very lightly in different areas. Stamp the two sentiments using the white ink. Glue to red layer.
- Apples: Stamp the apples on three different patterned papers using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and cut out with the Apple Builder Punch. Stamp the stems on Soft Suede Cardstock and the leaves on Granny Apple Green Cardstock and cut out the pieces with the punch. Assemble the apples and glue the two outside apples flat. Glue the center apple using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: