My project for the Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary is an Awning Card Fold. I can’t wait to see what my teammates created for this hop!
See how the awning pops up and looks so real? I used the Everyday Label Punch for the shape of the awning:
I started out by using my Aqua Painter to add Soft Sky Ink to the Whisper White Cardstock in the background. I allowed the ink to dry and then stamped all of the images from the Sitting Here stamp set. The pillows are stamped on the designer paper and the kitty cat is stamped on a scrap of cardstock. All are hand-cut and glued in place:
For the round pillow, I used the round tip of a stylus on the backside to make it puffy. I glued it in place using a Stampin’ Dimensional
To create the awning I started with a long strip of Whisper White Cardstock that measures 1″ wide and 4 punched shapes using the designer paper. I folded one end of all the punched shapes down about 1/2″. Each shape was glued to the cardstock strip up to the fold line of each shape. I left some white showing in-between each punched shape. Cut the opposite end of the punched shapes so that the cardstock strip is now 1-1/2″ wide. Trim the strip to measure 5″ in length. Fold the flat edge of the strip 1/4″ in the opposite direction to the front folds. This is what the awning piece should look like:
And this is the backside when I flip it over. Glue the 1/4″ folded side to the front of the card.
Here are the layers and measurements I used on my card:
- Card Base: Rich Razzleberry 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Soft Sky Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Add a wash of Soft Sky Ink. Stamp images and color. Emboss using the Brick Wall Embossing Folder. Glue the stamped images you stamped on designer paper and scrap pieces of cardstock. Glue to card front.
- Create the awning with the steps shown above and glue in place at the top of the white cardstock layer. Add White Baker’s Twine around the top of the awning and tie into a bow.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:
- Stamps: Sitting Here
- Designer Paper: Naturally Eclectic
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sky
- Inks: Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky
- Tools: Aqua Painter, Brick Wall Embossing Folder, Everyday Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Accessories: White Baker’s Twine
- Pick a Pumpkin Bundle
- Tags & Trimming Bundle
- Spooky Cat Stamp Set
- Festive Phrases Stamp Set
- Colorful Seasons Bundle