Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is April Showers. I’ll have you know it snowed over a foot in our area last week! But April showers this week took care of most of it!
I had so much fun with this card. I used the Under My Umbrella Bundle and stamped direct to paper on the Brights Designer Paper pack and cut with the Umbrella Builder Punch. Take a closer look at the sponging on my Stitched Nested Label Die shape below:
How did I add clouds to the background? Easy-peasy…I cut a scalloped heart with the Heart Punch Pack and used the top of the heart to repeatedly sponge and add cloud layers. It was fun-fun!
- Card Base: Real Red Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic Black Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Peaceful Poppies Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Add a strip of the Real Red Double-Stitched Ribbon around the bottom of the paper and wrap around the back and glue in place. Glue layer to card front.
- Layer #4: Whisper White Cardstock cut with the largest die from the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. Glue to card front tucking under the ribbon.
- Layer #5: Whisper White Cardstock cut with the #2 die from the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. Cut the scalloped heart shape with a scrap piece of cardstock and use the top of the heart to sponge clouds to the background using Pool Party Ink. Stamp raindrops over the clouds using Pool Party Ink. Glue to Layer #4 using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Images: Stamp the umbrella and rain boots on Brights Designer Paper using Tuxedo Memento Black Ink. Cut out with the punch and and glue to Layer #5 using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Stamp the flower image using Tuxedo and color using Stampin’ Blends Markers. Glue to the inside of the umbrella.
- Bling: Add Rhinestone Jewels to each flower and in the background among the raindrops.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: