Hello and welcome to our A Paper Pumpkin Thing September Blog Hop. If you love Halloween, you are in for a treat this month. The Frights & Delights Paper Pumpkin Kit as been a huge hit this month. For our blog hop, I created a card and coordinating treat holder. Here are my projects:
The pumpkin die-cuts and all of the die-cuts in the kit were so easy to work with this month. Let’s start out with my card:
My layers are as follows:
- Card Base: Pumpkin Pie Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic Gray Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Stamp to create a background with the “spooky” sentiment by inking with Basic Gray Ink and stamping a on piece of scrap paper first. Without re-inking, stamp on the Whisper White Cardstock layer. Repeat until the background is stamped multiple times.
- Twine: Wrap twine about an inch from the bottom of the Whisper White Cardstock layer three times and tie into a bow.
- Glue Whisper White Cardstock layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Pumpkins: Glue the silver foil to three of the pumpkins and then glue them to card front as shown in the photo using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
This is a close-up view of the pumpkins, so cute!
Next up is my treat holder:
I actually placed two Hershey Nugget Bars side-by-side the long way and wrapped them together with a piece of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock that measures 2-1/4″ x 3″. It looks like a long, skinny chocolate bar. It fits nicely inside this envelope treat holder. Here’s how I created the treat holder:
- Cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock to measure 9″ x 2-1/2″. Score at 4-1/2″ and 7-1/2″ and fold on the score lines. Fold in half first and then fold in the opposite direction to create a flap on the front. Glue the sides together using Tear & Tape. Don’t glue the front flap down yet.
- Cut a piece of Basic Gray to measure2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Glue to the underside of the front flap making sure some of the gray peeks out.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to measure 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″. Stamp the “spooky” sentiment at the bottom using Basic Gray Ink and stamping on a piece of scrap paper first. Without re-inking, stamp on the white cardstock. Glue the cardstock to the front of the treat holder 1/4″ from the bottom and under the flap. Glue down the flap also.
- Cut a circle using Basic Gray Cardstock and the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch. Glue to the front of the flap.
- Cut a circle using Whisper White Cardstock and the 2″ Circle Punch. Layer over the Basic Gray Cardstock circle.
- Pumpkin: Glue the silver foil to the back of the pumpkin and glue pumpkin to the center of the circle layers using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Twine: Punch a small hole at the top of the treat holder and add twine through the hole. Wrap twine below the pumpkin by wrapping around the treat holder twice and tying into a bow.
- Insert the nugget bar inside!
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie’s Store