Aww, so sad that this is our last Alaska Achievers Blog Hop….but wait! We will be starting our Greek Isles Achievers Blog Hop next month. And guess what? I’ve earned that incentive trip so I’ll be hopping along with a whole year’s worth of blog hops with my demonstrator friends, woohoo!
This month, we are all featuring projects using products from the new Holiday Catalog. I opted to use the Illuminated Christmas for my stamp set to create an Open Window Card Fold:
At first glance, my card looks like a normal and flat A2 card but once you open the Pacific Point Cardstock flap, this is what happens:
I cut a hole in the front using the largest die in the Squares Collection Framelits Dies. Once my square hole was cut, I added a Whisper White Cardstock layer inside my card like this:
The white layer is glued to the right-hand side only so you have to open two flaps to get to the center of the card:
Here are photos of the detail on my card, both inside and out. I used Copper Embossing Powder for all of the images and sentiments and colored using ink pads and a Blender Pen:
Want to create a card just like this one? Here are the steps for you:
- Card Base: Pacific Point Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Using the largest square die from the Squares Collection Framelits Dies, cut a square on the front about 7/8″ from the top.
- Banners for front: Cut three banners to decorate the front bottom of the card as follows: Copper Foil Sheets 4″ x 1-1/4″. Joyous Noel Designer Paper 4″ x 3/4″. Whisper White Cardstock 3-1/2″ x 1″. Stamp the sentiment on the Whisper White Cardstock using VersaMark Ink and sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder. Melt the powder with a Heat Tool. Cut the right ends of each banner into a “V” and glue banners in place below the square hold. The white banner is glued in place using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Star: Stamp the star using VersaMark Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder. Melt the powder with a Heat Tool. Color the star using a Blender Pen, Merry Merlot Ink and Pacific Point Ink. Add a Frosty & Clear Epoxy Droplet in the center of the star and glue the star to the top left-hand corner of the card front.
- Inside Layer: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 8″. Score at 4″ and fold. Glue to the inside of the card base.
- Inside Layer Front:. Fold card closed and stamp the three wise men image using VersaMark Ink inside the window. Open the card and stamp the sentiment at the bottom. Sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder. Melt the powder with a Heat Tool. Color the image using a Blender Pen, Merry Merlot Ink, Pacific Point Ink and Crumb Cake Ink.
- Inside Layer Center: Open the Whisper White Cardstock layer and stamp the star and sentiment on the panel on the right-hand side using VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder. Melt the powder with a Heat Tool. Color the star using a Blender Pen, Merry Merlot Ink and Pacific Point Ink.
Now it’s time to visit all of my Alaska Achievers teammates. Reminder that you are visiting Debbie Henderson from Debbie’s Designs and you can click on the person below me to continue the hop:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie’s Store
Watch my YouTube Channel
Like my Facebook page
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack – up to 60% savings!
Join my Stamp & Ink Designs Team