Hello and welcome to A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop for the month of March! Wow is all I can say about out March Kit. This has been so well received by all subscribers. I think voted as the best one yet. I have to admit that I created a LOT of alternative projects this month and I created them all in one sitting! I couldn’t put this kit down. Let’s take a look at my first card:
I knew I wanted to use the rabbit and flower die-cuts to create an Easter wreath and the circular die-cut from the Painted Labels Dies was perfect to start my we. I also used the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and cut the scalloped rectangle shape using one of the envelopes from the kit:
- Card Base: Soft Suede Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Parisian Flourish Embossing Folder. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Cut up one of the pink envelopes from the kit and cut a scalloped rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies 4″ x 2-7/8″. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Wreath: Using the Painted Labels Dies and Soft Suede Cardstock, cut the wreath shape and glue to card front. Cut a Whisper White Cardstock circle using the Layering Circles Dies and glue to the center of the wreath. Glue the die-cut flower and bunny from the kit to the wreath using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add an Easter sentiment from the Itty Bitty Greetings. I colored one word at a time with a Calyso Coral Stampin’ Write Marker so I could separate the words.
I again used one of the envelopes for one of my layers and a few circles. I also cut the boots apart to have just one set sitting on one of the circles:
It’s called a Four-Square Pop-Up Card Fold and here’s the Card Recipe:
- Card Base: Balmy Blue Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4′.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Cut up the pink envelope to measure 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ and glue to card front.
- Circles: Use different color paper from the envelopes and cut with a 2″ Circle Punch and a 1-1/2″ Circle Punch. Glue to card front.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on the circle that came with the kit and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Boots: Cut a single pair of boots from the die-cut and glue to the large circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Hearts: Glue to hearts to the other circle using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add the raindrops embellishments to the background.
- Layer #1: Add a layer of Whisper White Cardstock to each panel that measures 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Layer #2: Petal Pink Cardstock layer over both white layers that measures 5″ x 3-3/4″.
- Layer #3: Balmy Blue Cardstock strip 8″ x 1-1/2″. Score at 2″, 4″ and 6″. Glue to the inside by adding adhesive to the first section and the last section.
- Rectangles: Cut (4) Whisper White Rectangles that measure 2″ x 1-1/2″. Glue to each section of the Balmy Blue Cardstock strip.
- Boots: Cut the remainder of the boots to create single pairs and glue one pair to each rectangle.
- Hearts: Glue one heart to each set of boots.
I hope you enjoyed my cards today and please make sure to visit with my teammates by clicking on the name below mine, Debbie Henderson. Thanks for visiting with me!
Will you be placing an order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 of more, no need to add the code so you can earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!