Welcome to our April A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop! We are all Stampin’ Up! demonstrators that LOVE Paper Pumpkin! Although Paper Pumpkin kits are mass-produced many, many months in advance, it has been ironic how both March & April were perfect kits during our COVID-19 pandemic. This wasn’t planned but fell right into place perfectly. This month is all about family!
My favorite part of the My Wonderful Family kit was the tree die-cuts. You can do SO MUCH with them! Take my first project for example, I turned the tree sideways to resemble a tree branch and I perched a trio of birds on the branch:
The only additional supplies I used on my card was the Mint Macaron and Whisper White Cardstock layers and Early Espresso Ink. This is my recipe:
- Card Base: Mint Macaron Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue the tree die-cut to the left side and about 2″ from the top. Stamp the sentiment at the bottom right using Early Espresso Ink. Glue to card front.
- Birds: Glue three bird die-cuts to the branch using the dimensionals that came with the kit.
- Bling: Add the yellow bling that came with the kit to some of the branches and one to the “O” in the sentiment.
For my 2nd card, I incorporated the guts left-over from a die-cut sheet with all the holes in it, and used it as a window for my other layers:
I cut the edges around my window even and then added the following:
- Card Base: Shaded Spruce Cardstock 10″ x 5″. Score and fold at 5″.
- Layer #2: Pool Party Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 4″. Stamp the foliage for the tree on the top and centered using Shaded Spruce Ink. Glue one of the tree die-cuts over the foliage. Glue to the underside of the window using the dimensionals from the kit. Glue to card base.
- Birds: Glue two birds to the tree using the dimensionals. Color the birds with Clear Wink Of Stella.
- Banners: Cut one end flat on one of the Soft Sea Foam Banners and glue to the left at the bottom of the window. Snip one end of the yellow sentiment layer into a banner shape and glue over the first banner. Stamp the sentiment using Shaded Spruce Ink centered over the large white banner and trim the top and bottom to make it smaller. Glue over the other two banners.
- Ribbon: Snip a small piece of the ribbon, fold over, trim both ends at an angle and glue to the banners.
- Bird: Glue one more bird on top of the ribbon using dimensionals and color with Clear Wink Of Stella.
- Bling: Add a few of the yellow bling that came with the kit to the center of the window as shown:
I hope I was able to give you inspiration to use with the elements of your kit this month. Please visit my teammates by using the links below. You are currently visiting Debbie Henderson so you can click on the person below my name:
NOTE: Our kits have been so popular that our May kit is already sold out. If you decide to subscribe now, you will be set up to receive the June kit!
Will you be placing an order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 of more, no need to add the code so you can earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!