You can never go wrong when using a bird image stamp on a project and that’s what I have for you today for Day #11 of my 12 Days Of Christmas Tags. Take a look at my beautiful cardinal:
The Joyous Season stamp set makes a pretty tag doesn’t it? I stamped the bird on a separate piece of cardstock and popped it up by gluing it using Stampin’ Dimensionals:
I love the addition of one single Home For Christmas Enamel Dots in the bottom corner and Linen Thread wrapped around the bottom of the tag over and over again!
What are the steps to creating this tag? …here you go:
- Whisper White Cardstock measuring 3″ x 5″. Use the Banners Framelits Dies at one end by turning the die to cut the end into a point rather than a flagged end.
- Stamp a few lined branches using Soft Suede Ink and stamp the berries using Rose Red Ink.
- Add a few bold (non-lined) branches stamped in Smoky Slate Ink.
- Stamp the sentiment using Smoky Slate Ink at the top.
- Stamp the bird on a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using Rose Red and Soft Suede Inks. Stamp the beak using Crushed Curry Ink. Hand-cut the bird and glue in place using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Punch a hole at the top using the handheld 1/4″ Circle Punch.
- Add Linen Thread looped at the top and around the bottom several times and tied into a knot.
- Add one Home For Christmas Enamel Dot at the bottom of the tag!
Only a few days left before our new Mini Session debuts at Create with Connie & Mary:
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!