Good Morning and Happy December! December means Christmas is getting closer and closer. Are you starting to panic yet? Well starting today, I will be running my “12 Days of Christmas Tags” to give you some ideas for your gift giving. Each year I’ve shown you a “12 Days of something” and this year it’s tags!
So here is my tag for Day #1:
The background layer of this tag uses the “Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Paper”. Why is it specialty? Because 2 of the sheets are gold foiled and the other pages are double-side with metallic ink on one side. It is so pretty in person:
So how do you create one of these tags? I’ll list the steps below this photo:
- Winter Wonderland Special Paper cut with the Banners Framelits Dies. (2-1/2″ wide). Use the 1/4″ Handheld Circle Punch to punch a hole at the top.
- Layer #2: Real Read Cardstock 2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Use the rick-rack border from the Cutie Pie Thinlits Dies on one 2-1/2″ side. Glue to the very top of the tag. Use the first hole to cut a hole through the red cardstock with the 1/4″ Handheld Circle Punch.
- Layer #3: Using the handheld punch and a scrap piece of the designer paper, cut 1 hole with the punch. Using the hole, place the 1/2″ Circle Punch with the hole in the center and punch a ring. Glue the ring to the top of the tag.
- Sled: Stamp one sled image on Soft Suede Cardstock using Soft Suede Ink. Hand-cut using scissors and an Exacto knife in the smaller inside portions. Glue to the tag on the right-hand side using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Snowshoes: Stamp two snowshoes using Soft Suede Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock. Hand-cut using scissors and an Exacto knife in the smaller inside portions. Glue to the tag layered over the sled.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Real Red Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Cut out using the Washi Label Punch. Glue over the snowshoes & sled.
- Bow: Create a small bow with the ribbon and glue to the top of the sled with Glue Dots.
- Twine: Cut a piece of twine about 10″ long and tie off into the hole at the top of the tag.
For more ideas, check out my previous years 12 days of….
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!